Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Garrett


Garrett, I can't believe it's been 16 years. What a blessing and inspiration you are to this family. I thank God for giving us such a gift! You are an amazing person and I can't wait to see what is in store for you.

16 Things I admire about you
1. Your discipline in running
2. Your work ethic
3. How you embrace doing hard things
4.The way you inspire me to do hard things, too
5. The way you let Riley hang on you
6. How you take charge without being asked when things need to be done
7. Your love for God
8. You let me hug you and punch you
9. Your hilarious sense of humor
10. Your amazing culinary skills
11. The way you figure out how to fix everything
12. You never whine and rarely complain, even when it's warranted
13. Your commitment to living up to a high standard
14. Your willingness to sacrifice for others
15. Your generosity
16. Your honor for your family

I love you so much, Garrett. Happy 16th birthday!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Garrett. We are so blessed to have you. You are Godly, awesome, handsome, sweet, and everything we could ask for. Love you much.

Kim Heinecke said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!I love hearing all the great things your parents say about you. (They're pretty big fans.) So great to see young like you.

...responsible or not, I still don't trust a 16 yo behind the wheel... :)

Marcie said...

He's an amazing young man! I pray Noah grows into the kind of guy Garrett is. Happy Birthday to Garrett!

Betty Ann said...

Garrett, happy 16th birthday. We are so thankful to have you for a grandson. We love you.

Grandpa and Grandma