Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

When we were at Disney World I mentioned that seeing Riley at Cinderella's breakfast reminded me of a scrapbook page I had done four years ago. I found it...


September 2004

Riley,
Today was one of those Mommy moments that you dream of. One of those times when if you could have created the perfect moment yourself, it would have been far inferior to the actual experience. This was the day I gave you your first princess dress.

You have really been getting into princesses lately, so I thought you would like the dress, but I had no idea of the magic the dress would create.

When I showed you the dress you giggled uncontrollably with excitement, but when you put it on...that's when the magic happened. You were suddenly in your own little world.

Despite your just-out-of-bed scraggly hair and the fact that you had a nightgown on under your dress, in your mind (and mine) you were the most beautiful princess ever to exist.

I watched you forever as you twirled in circles and floated up and down the stairs gazing at your dress with the most elated look on your face. I watched you stare in the mirror with delight at your reflection.

I was the Fairy Godmother. I got to watch you turn into a princess and I will never forget it.

May you always feel so beautiful, sweet little princess.

Love, Mommy

Do something to remind yourself that you are a princess today.

Yes, you.

Oh, yes, you are.

10 comments:

Marcie said...

Maybe it's the hormones, but you got my crying with that one. I've read it before, but it still got to me...

deleise said...

Aw, Marcie, you're a pregnant princess!

Andi Hawkins said...

Deleise that is so precious. What a wonderful memory.

Kelsey said...

I wish I could pick up that little girl in the picture and cuddle her!

Robin Meadows said...

Thanks for the reminder....in the hustle-bustle of life, I tend to forget ME!

You're quite a mom....you're quite a princess.

Anonymous said...

I am just going to ask again. Will you be my mommy? :) Then I could be a Princess.

Lani said...

Like wear my tiara? ;) Oh the magic of being/feeling like you're a princess. Sweet capture of the littlest princess in your house. I'm sure she learned how/by a good example from her sweet, sweet Mommy Princess.

Betty Ann said...

Deleise, that story is so precious, and Riley, you are a very special princess!
Love,
Grandma Betty Ann

Sue said...

I'm glad you have such special memories of Riley's first day as a princess, may you have many more!!

Tristan said...

Riley is a princess.