Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh the weather...

Christmas Eve is my favorite. We always have a celebration at our house with my parents and my sister's family and it never disappoints. We have so many traditions. We do a gift exchange, watch the kids perform their awesome Christmas talents, read the Christmas story and the Polar Express, make cookies for Santa and throw food on the roof for the reindeer. It's just all kinds of fun.

So today when this started...

I was in denial. Because I like my traditions. And I like my family. And I did not like what was about to happen. But it happened. No one could make it to our house.

It's the first time ever.


EVER.


Seriously.


What usually looks like this...
Turned into this.
There was much disappointment. But it was what it was, so we bucked up and decided to make the most of it. We ended up having a wonderful Christmas Eve together, laughing and enjoying each other. We played, ate, and listened to Christmas music. It was very different, and that's okay.
But just for one year.





One tradition that stayed was the drinking of hot apple cider. Yum.


We REALLY like it around here.






Told ya we like it.









We decided to head outside to play and look at our lights in the snow.


Well, most of us anyway...





Cole's got the dessert under control.


We called my sister's family when David read our Christmas books so they could listen on speaker phone.


I'm thankful my loved ones are safe. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Erica said...

great pics. I never want this to happen again!!! Missed you all like crazy!

Anonymous said...

I love you and your family and your house. I am coming to move in!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Marcie said...

LOVE the photos! I hope you had a cozy Christmas... even if it wasn't what you had planned.
(Think Cole would mind sharing some of his dessert?)

Kelsey said...

Aawww. Made me teary for some reason. Guess cause I just love our families so much!