Friday, October 10, 2008

Hair fun


I love little girls' hair. I love curls, I love bows, I love pigtails, I love it all.


My baby girl had a bow on her bald little head almost before they got a chance to cut the cord. In the past couple of years she has broken my heart because she stopped. Wearing. Hair bows. You may or may not have noticed...I only have one girl.


And she was done with hair bows.


Rude, don't you think? Sometimes these children seem to forget that this is all about me. Anyway, I have recently come across something she does like that takes the place of hair bows.


Flowers.


She has seen them on older girls and she likes them. This has caused us to dust off the hot glue gun and hit the flower section of Hobby Lobby. It almost feels like hair bows again. Glory.


Also I have found this blog, She Does Hair, through my friend Robin's daughter Ali. It is step-by-step instructions on how to do cute, fun things with hair. You really should check it out if you like that type of thing. It's all very simple and fast. Here is one of my favorites that I did on Riley last week. My parts aren't as perfect as the instructions showed, but hey, grace and love, people.

And I just saw on Ali's blog that she has flower clips for sale in her salon. As soon as these third degree burns on my fingertips heal from trying to make my own, I may have to dial her right up.

16 comments:

Lani said...

Cute, cute, cute! You are so creative.

diane said...

I love the way the little pink piglet is "oooing" at Riley's hair in every picture - just can't seem to change expressions - always "oooooo so cute".

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

What a great idea! I might see if I can convince my only girl to wear flowers in her hair. She has not worn a bow in her hair since she was old enough to pull it out. Annelise never liked bows. It is a tragedy to have only one girl and not get to do the bow thing. Yes, it is all about me. :)

Gina said...

LOVE IT! The girls are over here, "Is it Riley? Is it Riley?" and "Can I have my hair like that?" I guess I'd better get started!

Anonymous said...

You are my mom. I swear it is true. How did this mix up happen. I was suppose to have flowers and bows in my hair.

Riley is just a beauty. Good Job!!!

Marcie said...

So sweet! Such a pretty girl! The only girl we have so far is, as you know, Doris. Noah picked a flower yesterday evening and I tried to put it in her hair. She ate it.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

To what do you attach the flowers? I use snaps...like snaps for clothing...and then snap it into the hair.

deleise said...

Those are on those little jaw clips. I'm going to put some on alligator clips also.

Leah said...

Beautiful kids! I also have 3 sons and 1 daughter and in fact I have a Cole too! Nice to meet you.:)

Mary Ann said...

Cute hair. Riley looks beautiful. I will have to really look at that other site and find ideas for Elizabeth's hair. Her's is so fine, it is hard to do something with. Thanks for the ideas.

Anonymous said...

uh-dor-uh-bul.

Anonymous said...

You did good!! I love seeing Lily and Sadie with their variety of hair-dos. Ali is getting really good at it.

So are YOU!!

~Robin

Sue said...

I LOVE IT!!! She looks so cute.
Great job Mom.

Ali said...

So cute! It's starting to get addicting, I can't leave the house if they don't have bows or flowers in there hair!
~Ali

Betty Ann said...

I love her hair and am looking forward to other ways you can fix it. You did a great job Deleise. Riley, I love the little flowers.

Grandma Betty Ann

Tristan said...

That's cute. I'll have to check out the site and see if it is easy to someone who can do nothing to hair. Taryn would like that.