Monday, May 19, 2008

New York City- Day 2

Most beautiful thing We went to the top of 30 Rockefeller to look out over the city after dark. We had been to the top of the Empire state Building before so we decided to do this tonight since it is just down the street from our hotel. It is hard to believe how huge this city is. I could look at those tall buildings and lights for hours. This picture doesn’t even begin to do it justice, but you get the idea. Also I was just excited to be at Rockefeller Plaza. Very cool.

I ain't never seen that in Oklahoma
Ok, the picture for this is going to be in your mind. That’s right, we are going to have an activity. Imagine with me, if you will, as I describe the aromas one might smell within a 30 second period of time on a New York City street.

Seconds 1-3: Ahhhhh, fresh bread!
Seconds 4-7 Whoa! Sewer!
Seconds 8-10: Now that is some powerful B.O.
Seconds 11-15: Yummmm, roasted nuts…
Seconds 16- 20: Oh! Vomitrocious!
Seconds 21-26: Oooooo…grilled kabobs…
Seconds 27-30: COFFFFFEEEEE!!!!!

Yes, it is olfactory over-stimulation. I don’t think I’ve experienced such a menagerie of scents since I had babies and toddlers in the house.

My favorite thing
My favorite thing is David. Always is, but it’s a different kind of fun hanging out with him in the Big Apple.

Our bonus category tonight is…..
My Dream World


We went to Chelsea Market today. If you do not happen to be as obsessed with the Food Network as I am, this is where their studios are. It is also an incredible market with tons of shops where you can get every ingredient under the sun. This is where all the shows get their fresh ingredients. It was so cool to see the different shops for
Veggies...
.
Cheese...
.
Chocolate...
.
Mushrooms...
Alright, alright, I’ll stop. I know not everyone is as thrilled with this as me. Oh, I also got a Food Network apron (I know, Amy!). I think it is going to kick my cooking up a couple of notches. And some cool brown prep bowls that are also measuring cups! HeeHee! I’m very happy. See ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

Amy said...

I am so feelin' this New York trip! Lovely pictures. Must see the apron.

Dea said...

DELEISE!!THIS IS AWESOME! how fun fun fun!!!

Kelsey said...

I loooove it!!! I so appreciated your pics of the fresh food ~ beautiful! I will have to go there. And, I loved the pic of you and David. We're so lucky to have these two brothers! Love you!

Kelsey said...

Well...we don't both have each brother, but you know what I meant.

Marcie said...

I was excited when I woke up this morning 'cause I knew you'd have a new post about your trip! So much fun! The photo of you and David is great--definitely frame worthy! And I love the photos of the market! All the vivid colors and fresh vegetables... I stopped for a moment to gaze longingly at the cheese photo! Ahhhhhhh.... a little slice of heaven!

Kim Heinecke said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I LOVE the food network store pictures... makes me want to cook up something reeaaallllyyyy healthy tonight!

Love the trip pictures! (And seriously, who can't get a little misty-eyed looking at a whole display of cheese?!)

Laura said...

I did not know veggies were supposed to be so brightly colored. That is not what they look like in my grocery store.

Robin Meadows said...

Love the market pics!

Keep havin' FUN!!

Anonymous said...

You look like you guys are having so much fun!!! I love the pic of ya'll and the big yellow taxi!!! Love these vay-cay posts!

Roger Garrett said...

now i am all hungry. I guess I will have to think of the BO and sewer to get my mind off of it

Theresa said...

Great Pics...I love the skyline. I could stand up there for hours wondering about the lives in those buildings.

I crave cheese....Bring me back all of it. :)

Amy Newberry said...

Looks like you are really enjoying your trip! I miss you though. Tuesday was not the same without you:(

Garrett said...

cool!!

ya know I was just thinking yesterday that we need more cooking bowls.

jk
miss you

Lani said...

That city lights picture is fantastic. And the two of you are just adorable... lookin' all sorts of cute together. About the food pictures... more please... especially of the chocolate. ;)

Abbi said...

Wow! I've been to NYC several times, but never to the Chelsea Market. I'll have to check that out next time I'm there.